Take the time to get to know others, express gratitude and compassion for others, as you walk in their shoes. We all play a part in the health and well-being of each other.
Compassion is a feeling of wanting to help those in need. But more than a noun, its a verb. More than a feeling, it should be an action.I will
- seek to understand others by listening
- be willing to forgive others
- give of my resources to help those in need
Lord, open our eyes ... Continue reading "Virtue of the Month: Compassion"
Forty years ago this year, Canadian Hero Terry Fox was forced to end his “Marathon Of Hope” and his dream to run across Canada. Even though Terry has been gone for many decades, hundreds of thousands of Canadians continue to honour his legacy and acknowledge his contribution to Cancer Research. This year, here at St. Justin Martyr CES, our recognition of his legacy may look ... Continue reading "Celebrating Terry Fox"
Dear Parents/Guardians of the SJN Community
A few helpful notes for September school re-entry:
- The first possible date to switch between in person and remote learning is November 16, 2020. Parents must notify the school by November 1, 2020.
- Parents/guardians are responsible for conducting a daily COVID-19 self-assessment. If you or your ... Continue reading "SJN Back to School Update"
The York Catholic District School Board 2020-2021 School Re-entry Plan was developed with a focus on meeting students’ academic, mental health and wellbeing needs while ensuring a safe re-entry for all in September.
Congratulations to all St. Justin, Martyr CES Grade 8 graduates!
It was wonderful to see you and your families at the recent
Graduate Drive Thru/Clap Out.
We wish you blessings for your future and a safe & happy summer ahead!