Dear Parents/Guardians of the SJN Community
A few helpful notes for September school re-entry:
- The first possible date to switch between in person and remote learning is November 16, 2020. Parents must notify the school by November 1, 2020.
- Parents/guardians are responsible for conducting a daily COVID-19 self-assessment. If you or your child is experiencing symptoms of COVID-19, do not come school and refer to the following checklist for important next steps. Checklist from York Region Public Health.
- Please note revised staggered re-entry & staggered drop off routines (including PACE):
Thurs., Sept. 10th Grades 1-3
Fri., Sept. 11th All FDK Students
Mon., Sept. 14th Grades 7 & 8
Tues., Sept. 15th Grades 4-6
*Once students have attended their first day, they will continue to attend every day thereafter. Please note that subsequent information will be shared with families with specific first day details, along with classroom placement information.
- The safety of our students and staff is paramount. We ask that you respectfully adhere to the following per Public Health direction.
- Masking – Students in Grades 4 to 8 will be required to wear a non-medical or cloth masks while in school. Parents are expected to supply masks for their children. Students in Kindergarten to Grade 3 are encouraged but not required to wear a mask.
- Hand Washing & Sanitizing – Students will be instructed to wash or sanitize their hands and routines will include this very important preventative measure.
- Physical Distancing – Classrooms are being set up to allow for the greatest amount of space between students.
- Teaching & Training – Daily practice, continuity in messaging and reinforcement of important daily routines/procedures have been implemented to support health & safety at school.
- Washrooms – A washroom protocol has been developed to support the safety of our students. Kindergarten students will continue to use the washroom in their own class. Masking protocols will be in place for use of washrooms.
- Lunches & Snacks – Hot lunch programs are not available at this time. All food/liquids must be brought from home. Students are not to be picked up or taken out for lunch. Parents/guardians are not to drop off lunches for their child. Students are to bring refillable water bottles to use at our water filling stations (fountains are not for direct drinking).
- Recess– Outdoor recess play will continue with direct supervision. A routine to support physical distancing will be employed for all students. Students are encouraged to remain in their own cohorts.
We thank you for your ongoing support, and wish you and your family safety, health and many blessings.